Friday, June 26, 2009

A group of IDIOTs!

Recently was chatting with my friends online, and get to know that people that I know in the past, who "claim" to support me, like my songs, are just a group of idiots now. Reason are very simple, maybe jealousy I would say. Actually not much people know about my past and how I get into the music industry and how I survive through these few years. Well, let me share with everybody today and you might be shocked later.

In year 2005, I took part in Teenage Icon, but didnt manage to get into the Finals. Then a manager by the name of NGW come to approach me, saying that he want to sign me as his artiste, showing me how great he is and how capable he is. So I just join him at that time and no contract was sign at all. He send me to a music school to learn singing, but after a month, he stop paying for my lesson fee, claiming that I m lazy and no interest in music.

But I m very lucky, because one of my friends, MJL called me and asked me down to see her manager (my current Boss) for an interview as she know that I always wanted to sing and perform. I m consider quite lucky, and among the rest of my friends, I m the first one got offered with a artiste management contract and release a singles under EMI Music Singapore in June 2006. Between the period of January to June 2006, many of my friends start leaving because they felt that they are not given a chance to release any album. Haiz. Sad right?

During my singles promotion period, NGW called me and warned me to be careful of my current boss. But I just ignore him as I felt that his words cant be trusted. Well, think I make the right choice until today. Then coming to end year, SA, DY, NL, JY, SB and PG Group joined the family. So many stars coming in, and by right we should be happy, but Boss began to get more and more depressed. And more problem happen, as all of them felt that Elson cant sing, no look, no talent and why Boss is still grooming him when they are so much better than him.

Slowly, one by one start to leave, as they felt that Boss is unfair to them. Boss's business started to go down the slope and in debt due to me partially. And he still stay strong and believe that I will make it one day. He never give up on me, despite that I always get into trouble and he always say that I m a star to be in future. He always tell me his five years plan and always remind me that when I reach my third year, then it is the actual start of my career as previous two years are a learning experience and stepping stone for me to know more media and sponsors. Actually, I always have doubt on his five years plan. But today, I saw it and experience it myself. I see myself growing and getting into the track and plan, exactly what Boss predicted.

I ever asked Boss a question, ask him whether he regret and sad that so many artistes left him and talk bad about him, and his answer is always: "Leave them alone, let see how far can each of them go. See how many of them really love music and know their individual direction clearly. See how many years can they survive in the industry. See how much they can achieve. If they are successful, let cheer for them and learn from them. But if they fail, let study why they fail and dun follow their step." Actually he is upset at the beginning, but now he had become those simply hack care type of people. He told me that in entertainment industry, if you are lousy, nobody will talk about you. But when you have achievement, people will start to talk about you, and be it good or bad, just listen and forget.

There are so many "celebrity friends" when I step into the industry and now many of them actually step out from the industry. And a portion of them still struggle to survive in the industry, by taking part in competition and do public performance. They also known as "Artiste Celebrity", and these title are mostly given by themselves. Well, those friends that I used to know and joke with, because of an album, they hate me, they dislike me, but I dun care at all. To tell my those "friends", my starting thought is just to be a performer, but I didnt expect I can have my own singles and album at all. Maybe I m just lucky. But Boss dun think that way, as he say I have what it take to be a artiste. Whether it is true or not, I m still the same Elson Soh, who still joke around with friends that are sincere, that why I still have so many secondary school and JC friends, plus army friends standing strong by my side. The reason why I still have support is that I never think so highly of myself as a celebrity, I just want to be normal, especially when I m with my friends.

To the group of idiots who like to comment and give false statement to other people about Elson. Let me tell you clearly down here, you can still say what you want and go ahead to insult me and Boss if you think this will make your life more beautiful. Let me share with this group of idiots one very straightforward thing, as recently I began to believe that if you dun have what it take, or dun possess any talent, and dun have a kind heart and nice character, you will not make it in this industry. If you really love music, do it and show it to everybody, show your results. It is not difficult to be a artiste or celebrity, because nowadays when we walk at orchard road, everybody also a artiste and celebrity, but nobody ever seen them on Tv, on radio, on magazine promoting their new song or CD before. Sorry to say that, no doubt I m not as popular, but at least I have certain achievement that my friends and supporters seen it by themselves.

Lastly, believe in yourself and follow your heart. Dun be a idiot living in this world! Life can be more beautiful if you use it wisely. If you are really good, prove to everybody and not just badmouth everybody. Anyway, I will work even harder to prove that Elson can make it and Boss didnt make the wrong choice! A very harsh blog entry because I want people to know nothing but the truth. (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment