Monday, June 29, 2009

Be her weapon to fight the war!

Photobucket

Feisty Princess needs bullets to fight, be her weapon!

Write-up from http://ourfeistyprincess.com/index.php

I thought over, probably a couple hundreds of times wondering how to write this entry. At the end of the day, I still have no idea what to write.

Truth is when I first saw the email sent by Dr Aung on the amount needed to bring Charmaine to New York for treatment, I was shocked. $350,000 is the upfront deposit. I weren’t sure what currency it was in. Sent Jolene and Charlene a text message, ending the message with “I would give up if it is in USD”.

And of course, the bad news never ends.

$350,000 USD.

Half a million Singapore dollars.

How would I ever be able to raise this amount of sum? How do I convince anyone that Charmaine’s life is worth half a million dollars? I don’t know how. I seriously don’t know how. So many times, I want to give up. I don’t know how to think. I don’t know what to think. I don’t want to think. I don’t dare to think.

A week has passed since I received the email and I know I have already procrastinated a week away and made no progress.

I am brought up to think rationally and weigh my decisions against benefits and cost. Rationally speaking, I know fully well that half a million dollars can be better spent on saving thousands of malnourished kids in Africa than on Charmaine who only has a 40-50% chance of survival even with the antibody in New York.

But Charmaine is my daughter. No amount of money can justify how important she is to me. And Jase. Despite Jase’s young age and maturity, I know fully well that he loves his mei mei just as much as I do.

I would do just about anything to save her. I thought about selling my kidney, being a surrogate mom. They may sound stupid and crazy but my conscience feels so much better with me earning that USD $350,000 because I cannot think of any rational reason to convince you to help me save Charmaine.

I really thought of giving up. Its so much more easier and I am so tired.

I don’t want to think about anything anymore. Its easier just remembering the next doctor’s appointment, the next time for medication, the next time to pay the bills and just things I can do without thinking…

I even avoided Jolene and Charlene for a week because I have no answer for them. Their suggestion to go public and seek for help. My permission to allow them to publicise the materials.
Even as I am typing right now, I don’t exactly know what am I doing. I don’t know what I have decided. I don’t know the consequences of me typing this.

The only thing I know for sure is that should anything happen to Charmaine, I would never be able to forgive myself for not trying to fight for Charmaine when all she has to help her is me.

This is the very reason why I am typing this.

Dear friends, please help Jase and me to save Charmaine.

Thank you.
Cynthia Lim
_________________________________________________________
The below information are from http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/2009/06/on-cash-donation-and-pay-pal.html

Account Details:
POSB savings a/c 249-28205-7.
This is opened jointly under Cynthia Lim (Char's mommy) and Jolene Loh (Char's Godma) for Charmaine.

Internet Transfer:
Provide your name/nick on the IB trf to ease the admin work at our end to match donors information.

Cheque:
Cheque donations pose much higher probabilty of us not matching the donors as internet banking only reflects if it is QCDM without any account number. In this case, I will need the date of deposit, and amount of $.

Paypal:
eateateat_82@hotmail.com
This is under Godma's personal email because when we did this up, Char's email account wasnt created. Rest assure all funds inside would be for her. For Singaporeans, we strongly urge you not to donate via paypal as there would be admin charges. We would like 100% of the funds to go to Char instead.

PLEASE email us after you have transfered or deposited cheque with the following information:

1) Your full name or a first name at least
2) The name/ pseudonym/ initials used when doing internet banking
3) Date of transfer / Amount transferred
4) Whether you wish for your name to be
(i)displayed in full,
(ii)with some information blotted out or
(iii)with your initials/ pseudonym should we do a public posting of the list of donors.
5) Whether you wish to be on our mailing list
6) Please tell us how you allow Cynthia to use the donation
(a) Only to be used for Charmaine's medical expenses
(b) Use the money for Charmaine's medical and personal expenses only
(c) Use the money for Charmaine's medical and personal expenses, but if need be, you also allow her to use it to ease her family's expenses
________________________________________________________
A message from Elson Soh

I hope that those who read my blog today, you can help Charmaine to fight her war! She needs us, regardless of donation or encouragement message. Do visit her blog and her website to understand more about her.

EMEFC will be participating in the fund raising for Charmaine by selling our fanclub latest edition souvenirs. The fanclub will donate 50 sets of limited edition souvenirs with Elson Soh's autograph on it. 100% sale will be donated to Charmaine as part of her medical fees. Do support us, so that we can also contribute to her medical fees.

Apart from that, I sincerely hope that my supporters and readers can also help to post the sidebar banner at your blog or any online site. Thank you for reading and the kind assistance given to Charmaine! (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment