Friday, December 4, 2009

Movie is great

Today was a long day, which summed up with a movie with Boss at Causeway Point. Watched Case 39.

Case 39


Genre: Horror/Thriller
Director: Christian Alvart
Cast: Renée Zellweger, Jodelle Ferland, Ian McShane, Bradley Cooper, Kerry O'Malley, Callum Keith Rennie, Adrian Lester, Georgia Craig, Cynthia Stevenson
RunTime: 1 hr 49 mins
Released By: UIP
Rating: NC-16 (Some Violence and Horror)
Official Website: http://www.case39movie.com/

Movie Synopsis
Case 39" is a horror film starring Renée Zellweger as family services social worker Emily Jenkins. Emily thinks she has seen it all until she meets her newest, most mysterious case, troubled 10-year old Lilith Sullivan (Jodelle Ferland). Emily's worst fears are confirmed when the parents try to kill Lilith, their only daughter. Emily saves her and decides to take her in herself until the right foster family comes along.

Movie Review
I've always thought that movie with children as baddies are pretty much creepier than having adults being them. Reason being the person that is supposed to be scared are actually the ones scaring people. I think it's the aftermath of Paranormal Activity that's acting up, I somewhat find this movie quite scary. At least at certain parts of it. So I guess it has succeeded in terms of scaring me. However, it's still a typical child-demon storyline movie with little surprises. I mean, the story and the development of it was quite cliche. Other than that, I thought it was quite a ok movie to catch with a few friends if you have the time to spare.

Overall Rating: 2.5/5

Official Movie Trailer



Stacia sms me today telling me that she used my blog as an example during her lecture today. Apparently the lecturer wanted to show them the different tone of language used in blogs and in formal writing. She told me mine was classified as "standard english", probably because I dont use shortforms like in an sms. I'll take that as a compliment. :)

I logged on to Yahoo today. And I saw: "Jay Chou is the 2009 top-earner with S$27 million".

Refer to: HERE

My god. SGD$27mil a year? Leehom earns like 3 times lesser than him. That's the difference between number 1 and number 2. A difference of $18mil.

When will I get to earn that kind of money? Lol.

On another note, I finally got to listen to I'm In Love With It and 每分钟 today. I would say it's causing me to get all excited. Cant wait to finish up the rest of the songs! School tomorrow, photoshoot after that and recording till late night. Gonna be a long day. Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment