Tuesday, November 17, 2009

RIP, My Great Friend

I'm sure some of you would have heard of the passing on of a RSAF regular in an accident in USA two days ago. I wish I didnt have to blog about this, but I have to. He is my friend.

Read: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20091116/tap-625-rsaf-serviceman-dies-road-accide-231650b.html

Before you guys read on, I would like to do a dedication.



A Song Dedicated to Zhi Hao (affectionately known as) Cheeseman. Zhi Hao aspired to be a pilot since school days. He made it. Hope you fly high, to some place where you find your own happiness. This song is for you.

Read on.

It's the 2nd time in two months I received news of a friend passing on. I dont understand why such cruelty must bestow on such a nice person. I mean, no offence to anybody, the other two passengers survived the crash. He was the only fatality.

A relatively close friend of mine, Zhi Hao was a great man who has everything a friend needs. I knew him since 13, when I was in Secondary 1. But we didnt really get to know each other until Secondary 4 where we were in the same class. We started forming a clique. Me, Sabai, Terence and him, we all used to hang out together alot. We been to many places, did alot of wild things. He was a daring person and he's someone who would dare to do almost anything. As a result, he and I would often make fun of Sabai. Not forgetting getting into trouble together. Lol. What a silly friend.

I remembered a night in Sec 4, Zhi Hao's dad offered us a free trip to Night Safari. So almost the entire class went.

After that, we went to the same JC. Coincidentally, we were in neighbouring class. And so because of that, we get to meet often. During break time, we would hang out in the canteen or the hall where there's a grand piano which I would play.

Zhi Hao's a smart person. He's always teaching me maths and physics, which I sucked completely at. Lol.

Sad thing was we both graduated and left to serve the nation. He went on the sign on the Air Force and was on his way on fulfilling his ambition of being a pilot. He succeeded. I'm proud of him.

Due to his oversea training stint, we sort of lost contact. However during his birthday on the 22nd Oct, I wished him happy birthday. That was the last time we contacted.

Yesterday, on a sad Monday morning, at 0910am (Singapore time), he left us, suddenly. Just like that. Sigh.

There are many things about Zhi Hao that I can write and share, but I just cant do it now. My heart hurts. I wanna cry now.

I'll never forget his distinct laughter. He has brought us many joy and happiness with his great company.

To Amanda his gf: I hope you stay strong. I know it's hard but we will always be there for you.

To Zhi Hao's family: My deepest heartfelt condolences to everybody in the Chee family. Thanks for giving us such a wonderful friend. It's been great knowing him.

If there is anything that we can do for you all (amanda and zh's family), do let me know. We are all here with you.


Goodbye, my friend of 9 years. May you find peace in a better place now.

Rest In Peace.

**Sorry guys, simply have no mood now to blog about other stuffs. Pardon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment