Friday, November 20, 2009

Raging Phoenix

I was invited to try out facial at Ezen Group today specially by Esla 老板. Sadly I didnt get to see her today because she was not feeling well. Nevertheless, Esther did a great job for me today!

The experience there, I would say is great. Service is good, quality is good, standard is good too. They'd first analyse your problem, then let you know the available treatments, then will recommend the most suitable one for you. The whole process is very comfortable and soothing. Overall, I would give them 4.5/5 stars. (",)


This is my beautician for the day, Esther.

Met Boss after that. After meeting we went to catch Raging Phoenix. Initially our plan is to watch A Christmas Carol, but after seeing the trailer for Raging Phoenix, we changed our mind. Luckily the nice staff at Cathay Causeway Point allowed us to change our tickets. So we caught Raging Phoenix.

Raging Phoenix


In Thai with Chinese and English Subtitles
Genre: Action
Director: Rashane Limtrakul
Cast: Yanin Vismitananda, Kazu Patrick Tang, Nui Sandang, Sompong Lertwimonkasem, Boonprasert Sala-ngam, Roongtawan Jindasing
RunTime: 1 hr 54 mins
Released By: Cathay-Keris Films & Scorpio East Pictures
Rating: PG (Some Violence)
Official Website: www.jijaragingphoenix.com

Synopsis

Deu, a girl with equally high degree of recklessness and beauty has never experienced 'true love'. Her life changes completely when some gangsters try to kidnap her and she narrowly escapes with the help of Sanim, a sad looking stranger with a painful past. Waking up in an abandoned factory, she joins his friends who practice a form of drunken Thai break-dancing martial arts that they dub Meyraiyuth. Sanim and his friends, having had loved ones abducted, join forces to get back at the kidnappers.

Movie Review

I seldom catch Thai movies but this is good stuff. The fighting scenes and stunts are really well choreographed. Things that are missing in Hollywood's action packed movie can be found in this movie. The best part of the movie is that the hero is a female. Something seldom seen in fighting movies. And she's really cute too. (",)

The thing I dislike about the movie is that some parts are really too draggy and the storyline seems a little too unrealistic for my liking.

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Official Movie Trailer



Anyway as I was going home, I saw this disgusting thing below my block, right beside my lift lobby. I wonder who is the irresponsible person who did this. Stank up the whole lobby. =\


Did you guys catch me online? Remember 女友 Magazine Men We Love 2009? Check it out below. Thanks to YOU for letting me know. Anyway, we should catch up for a meal when you are free.



Special thanks to Razor TV and The Straits Times for the wonderful interview! (",) Not forgetting NuYou Magazine for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment