Thursday, November 12, 2009

NuYou Men We Love 2009 - Finals


NuYou Magazine Men We Love 2009 is finally over. I reached slightly late for the rehearsals due to school commitments. Anyway I was pretty worried I might flop the whole thing because I was nursing a very bad and heavy flu. I almost felt like giving up. In between the rest periods, I took the chance to catch some power nap, but things didnt get any better. Luckily at night, I mastered enough strength to pull through everything. I guess noone knew I was unwell. (",)

Upon meeting the contestants, I introduced myself. At first I thought was quite hard to get along because all of them are older than me by at least 4 years. But they were very friendly too and I quickly blended in with them. We went through the first round of rehearsal, or rather the first round for me. Lol.



After that I ate my dinner and caught a 15 minute power nap before doing my hair and make up. Soon we got changed and the event was about to start. Everyone was very nervous backstage. But still we all tried to joke to one another to keep the atmosphere as warm as possible. haha. Oh yah, did I mentioned ALL of us changed backstage? Noone bothered heading to the toilet to change because it was quite far and the time constrain was really tight.


Soon the show began. Jun Wei was the Emcee for the day and Kelly Poon 潘嘉丽 was the guest artiste for the night. Finally met Kelly after so long. Had heard of her through Boss and seen her on tv for quite sometime already but we havent got to meet and so today I got the chance to formally introduce each other. She is really cute and friendly. I also heard from Boss that Kelly is very down to earth and hardworking and today I really saw it with my own eyes. She is a great artiste. Her performance was great and her vocals are pretty good. Overall, she did great. Well done Kelly, do keep in touch. :)

I was asked to sing a song during Q&A and I sang Leehom's "你不在". Was pretty worried I couldnt pull it off due to the flu, but I did. After the Q&A session we were all allowed 4 minutes each to go down the stage to get our votes from the public. Thanks to all who had voted for me.


I won the title of Best Hair by Loreal. Quite happy and thank you NuYou Magazine for giving me an opportunity to be part of this event. Thanks the editor from NuYou, Grace for the wonderful experience given to me. Not forgetting all the backstage crew and staffs. Without you guys, Elson won't look so good on stage. (",)



Also thanks all of you for coming down to Zouk to support me. I already uploaded the pictures to my blog photo page and also Facebook.


The famous Zouk toilet. Lol.




The prize from Best Hair and the consolation prize for being one of the 25 finalists. Thank you LOREAL Professional and LOREAL Men Expert.

Congratulations Bryan on winning NuYou Men We Love 2009! You rock bro! (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment