Thursday, April 1, 2010

Special after-dark Hippo Tour

After a long tiring day at school, I finally got to do something relaxing. It's the 2nd event with OMY.sg, Radio 1003, Radio 91.3 and Bras Basah-Bugis Precinct! The first event was the Trishaw Night Out, which we followed Radio 1003. So this time round we decided to follow Radio 91.3, to be fair! Lol. Met Smith before the event and he actually hinted us to follow the Radio 1003 bus, which we found out later why (there's after tour supper), but we have already pledged our allegiance to Radio 91.3, so we decided to stick to it. Haha.

Anyway we had fun with the Radio 1003 and OMY.sg family too, since we have a combined break point where everyone just mingled together.

Finally saw Silver today. Havent seen her for soooooo long liao. Haha. Bumped into Ying Zi too. She is all grown up now. Remember her 4 years ago when I first met her, totally different from now. She's a beautiful lady now. Haha. (",)

Alright. Back to event proper!

We all gathered and set off from the National Museum. It's my first time taking the Hippo Tour and was quite excited about it. We were hosted by Radio 91.3 DJs Jeremy and Maddy, together with the other DJs and staffs of Radio 91.3.


We went through Orchard, Rochor, Short St and many other places and through the journey, Jeremy made the effort to explain to everyone and also to tell everyone the history of the sites we passed by. It's interesting to know that the places we passed either used to be something else, or it has been there since many many years ago. Jeremy's dedication towards explaining and such was the depth of his information, that I felt the History of Singapore I studied in school was nothing. Lol.

The Hippo Tour, just like the Trishaw tour, brings us to many places that even we Singaporean seldom visit. Once again, I felt like a tourist in a foreign land. Suddenly I realised I dont know very much about places in Singapore. Haha.

We stopped by Chijmes for a short break. Managed to get hold of the DJs and working staffs of Radio 1003 for a chat and a group photo. Jian Wen 大哥 and Kemin 姐 as friendly as usual. Always felt very comfortable in their company. They make me feel relaxed even though I feel kind of 紧张 talking to them as they are considered quite "senior" or 资深. Had a good chat with Alvin and Smith too. Smith is so funny. Haha. :)

Ok, some pictures now!

Me and the Radio 1003 Family

This is DJ Jeremy. A very very friendly, nice and warm person. He's also very funny and he likes soccer too! Haha. (",)

Kemin 姐 and I before the event. Pretty right? :)

This is DJ Maddy. Sad I didnt get to talk to her much. But she's also very friendly and her daughter is sooooo cute. Haha.

The participants of the event, before the event.

RIG Talents! They are cute right? Lol.

Joseph, Me and Kadon. Thank you Kadon for the keychain from Japan. Very sweet of you. :)

Group Shot!




Does these places look familiar, yet new to you? Seem like you've seen it somewhere, yet you've never been there? That's what I'm talking about.

Last stop before we end the tour. DJ Jeremy and Maddy were live on air here too.
I managed to give my the Media Promotional Copy of my album to all the DJs and Management of the two radio stations and OMY.sg. I hope they like my song and can support me! (",)

For those who wish to know more about the event, you can visit the website below:
http://project.omy.sg/bras-basah-nightout/events.html

No comments:

Post a Comment