Sunday, April 25, 2010

Star Awards 2010 观后感



Caught the 2nd Star Awards (红星大奖) 2010 today on TV. Had stayed home for the day because I wasnt feeling very well. Watching the Star Awards has been a yearly affair for me since young and this year proved to be as entertaining and exciting as well. I wished I could be part of the show because it's just too enticing just by sitting there and watching it.

Here are the results for the night:
(Source: xin.msn.com)

1. Best Drama Serial: Together

2. Best Variety Programme: It's A Small World

3. Best Variety Special: The Chinese Challenge Grand Final

4. Best Newscaster: Zhao Wenbei

5. Best CA Presenter: Chun Gek Lay for Focus

6. Best Supporting Actor: Zhu Hou Ren for Reunion Dinner
It was the veteran actor's first award after 16 years in the business. In his thank you speech, he expressed gratitude to a friend who helped him regain confidence after his heart bypass last year.

7. Best Supporting Actress: Constance Song for The Ultimatum
Constance struggled to hold back her tears as she accepted the award. "Hou Ren waited 16 years, I waited 12 years for this".

8. Best Info-Ed Programme Host: Bryan Wong for Food Hometown 2
In his acceptance speech, Bryan remarked that his trip to Hainan Island was very meaningful as it brought back memories of his father making Hainan beef noodles for him. "Cherish what you have, once you lose it, you'll never get it back," he added.

9. Best Variety Show Host: Mark Lee for It's A Small World
Mark said: "I really want to share this award with my fellow nominees. We need new blood for this category"

10. All Time Favourite Artiste: Mark Lee and Christopher Lee
Both have won the Top 10 Most Popular Male Artiste award for 10 times. Mark Lee has been in the business for 22 years starting with a bit part as a "rubbish bin" in popular variety programme Comedy Night. Christopher Lee, first runner-up in Star Search 1995 has been in showbiz for 15 years.

11. Best Actor: Chen Han Wei for Daddy at Home
Han Wei makes it two in a row having scored the same award for By My Side last year.

12. Best Actress: Chen Li Ping for Reunion Dinner
"It's hard being an auntie!" claims Li Ping in her acceptance speech.

13. Top 10 Most Popular Male Artistes:
- Dai Yang Tian
- Elvin Ng
- Bryan Wong
- Qi Yu Wu
- Chen Han Wei
- Tay Ping Hui
- Zhang Yao Dong
- Zheng Ge Ping
- Dennis Chew
- Guo Liang

14. Top 10 Most Popular Female Artistes:
- Quan Yi Fong
- Xiang Yun
- Rui En
- Vivian Lai
- Michelle Chia
- Jesseca Liu
- Yvonne Lim
- Felicia Chin
- Jeanette Aw
- Joanne Peh





In general, I felt that everyone who won deserved to win for one reason or the other. However I also feel that not winning an award doesnt mean you are not good or that you do not work hard enough, it's just that, there can only be one "award taker" and perhaps it's just lack of fate and lady luck. The fact that you are still in the job proves that you have indeed worked hard enough and put in enough effort (that's why you are not fired), the trophy is just a source of encouragement. So for those who dont get it, must work harder and those who got it, must work even harder!

Personally, I felt happy that some of my favourites won! For one, I like Zhu Hou Ren alot. His acting is superb! He is one of the few veterans who can take on any role, anytime, anywhere and portray it 110% well. The others whom I felt the same are Edmund Chen, Huang Wen Yong, Zheng Ge Ping, Lee Nan Xing and Chen Han Wei. Zhu Hou Ren's role as a dementia father-in-law is just so funny that even watching the trailers makes me laugh. It's so deep rooted in my mind even though this show was broadcasted some time ago.

Chen Han Wei is also one of my all time favourite actor. I like how he can act as a gambler and lousy dad in one show and then a AIDS patient and a caring dad in the other. Both won great plaudits from everyone. He winning of the Best Actor Award is truly deserving!

I'm also happy my friend Dennis Chew aka Aunty Lucy won the Top 10 most popular male artiste award! I'm so proud of him. He's been working very hard being a DJ at 93.3FM on one side and being Aunty Lucy at another and Dennis Chew at one more side. Congrats congrats!!! (",)

I'm happy for Elvin for having won too. I've personally heard of the effort he puts in in his work. He is a workaholic and that alone deserves alot of respect. Though he faced many criticisms all the time, he has never gave up and never stopped improving. Today, I'm happy to see him on stage.

Not forgetting my few idols whom I've supporting all these while. Like Felicia Chin, Zheng Ge Ping, Quan Yi Feng, Vivian Lai etc. You have all done well! Congrats!

JJ Lin gave an impressing Live performance as usual and lastly, other invited stars of the night like Mark Chao, Li-Ching, Mi Xue, Godfrey Tsao etc all graced the event beautifully, making it a successful and eventful night!

Overall Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment