Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wang Lee Hom (王力宏)

First and foremost, today is April Fools. So Happy April Fools to all. Some friends tried to send me smses to fool me or tried play some prank on me but I guess I'm too smart to fall for any of it. Haha.

Anyway, I did a random search on Lee Hom (王力宏) today and found some quite interesting stuffs. I guess right now at this moment, everyone has already classified him as an international multi talented superstar who can sing, dance and talk very well. Good looking, with charisma and very confident individual. But look back when he just entered the industry in the 90s, you see completely different Lee Hom.

Back then, he was full of innocence. He couldnt really speak well, partly because of his mandarin. His singing was old-fashioned (maybe very modern back then) and his image was....... er....... like a salesman. Haha. See the video below and you get what I mean (like gray shirt with flower tie).

The difference is.. 15 years. I'm not kidding you. He took 15 years to be what he is today. This further enhance the fact that I truly look up upon him as a role model and an idol. Being able to improve and change constantly till today, he has come a long, and I believe also, a hard way. If Lee Hom were now to be still like what he is then, he probably wont go far. I mean, look at him then and maybe new boys like Fahrenheit or Derrick Hoh. Lol. But still, back then, he is already a very talented artiste. Anyway, here's some videos for you to enjoy. Dont be shocked. Haha.

Leehom in 1995




Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNQbK8i5qI

Leehom in 2009 (15 years later)



Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHXOFyWNdw

There are in fact many other videos or photos that shows more. But I thought these are enough to shock everyone. Haha.

NOTE: I'm not saying I am Leehom or comparing myself with him or something in case anyone starts to protest after reading what I'm about to write next. Lol.

Watching these videos, I see myself. Like what I've said, it's not that I see myself as Leehom or feel that I'm going to be as successful as him or things like that. But rather, it's the newbie me that I see. The me who cant talk well, who cant sing as well yet, the one who cant perform well and the me who are prone to making mistakes here and there.

Watching these videos, makes me realise one fact: Never write anybody off. Meaning, do not ever look down on anybody because you never know, one day, he or she may become very successful too. Had anyone looked down on Leehom back then, thinking that he has no image, no stage presence, no commercial vocal or no value, these people will be the same people who will be slapping themselves hard in the face today.

Watching these videos makes me relief to know that even the superstars was like how I was when they first debuted. It gives me the motivation to work hard. And I will continue to do so. Hopefully, I can become successful myself one day too.

And when the day comes, I hope that everyone, my friends, family, supporters, readers, media and sponsors, can all be with me, like a Big Family!

I love everyone of you ok. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment