Sunday, April 4, 2010

Counting Down (4 weeks)

With exams round the corner, our school has stepped up in the number of revisions. Hence, our Sundays have been officially classified as a school day until exams. Today was a 6 hour lecture day for me. And this is me, feeling emo on the way to school. Haha.


After school I went to Bugis to pray. On my way there I saw this interesting man standing very still in the middle of the street. He only moves when someone puts (or donates) money into his box. After that, he goes back to this position until the next person puts money again. It's buskering, so there's no fixed amount of money you must put in. But if you want to see him move or entertain yourself, then you can put in some money the next time you see him. I remember seeing this in the taiwan movie 听说. It's not easy work having to stand there like a statue for hours under the sun not moving. Truly respect these people. It's entertainment in another level, and this also sums up "entertainment trade" as something very wide and varied.

After praying we went for dinner at Uncle's place and that sums up my Sunday for this week.

Was going through OMY.sg and I came across an article with the header, "Rain 被指上海耍大牌". Read HERE.

Maybe it's a publicity stunt. I dont know. Lol. But that's not the point here.

More often than not, since eons ago when I first entered the industry till now, I've been told this many times by people all around me.

"Next time, when you're famous, dont forget me." (以后你红了,不要忘掉我啊。)

The weird thing is, it comes from the mouth of people of all walks of life. From my family members, to my friends, to my supporters, working partners, big bosses, even the aunty of some coffeeshop, or some random people, you name it, you get it.

Which makes me wonder, does one person really changes when he or she tastes success? If yes, then why? I dont know. For one I'm sure, I'm stubborn as hell. Even now, when someone treats me specially because I'm a celebrity or what, I will insist in getting the same treatment as any other person. I just dont feel good troubling other people or giving other people unnecessary stress just because I'm from a different profession as them. I feel that, we're all human beings and there's no need to specially treat someone if there's really no need to. I believe everyone is already good in their own way. You no need a celebrity or someone important to go and make sure you prove your point.

Maybe some people views differently from me. Maybe I'm not qualified yet to express such views. Maybe one day, when I'm successful, I will understand why people do the things they do. I dont know. All I know is now, I'm determined to be successful and yet remain as the way I am. Ironic eh? Lol.

It's also funny how a celeb can create a hoo haa in everything they do. I remember a fan of David Beckham collecting his uneaten fries off his tray and then auctioning it on ebay. Or if some celeb dig his nose in public and is captured on camera, he will surely be fried by the media. What if he was just another man in the streets? Who cares if he digs his nose! Haha. And it's the truth man. People wants to know more about Jacky Cheung digging his nose in public than a random stranger donating $1000 to a charity. Right? Lol.

Ok. Kinda tired now. Gonna rest. Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment