Saturday, April 24, 2010

Shutter Island

It's been sometime since I wrote a movie review. Haha. Finally got to take time off to catch Shutter Island with Joseph and Boss yesterday.

Shutter Island


Genre: Thriller
Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast : Ben Kingsley, Mark Ruffalo, Michelle Williams, Leonardo DiCaprio
RunTime: 2 hr 18 mins
Rating: NC16

Movie Synopsis
Set in 1954, U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels (Leonardo DiCaprio) is investigating the disappearance of a murderess whom escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane and is presumed to be hiding on the remote 'Shutter Island'.

Movie Review


Initially, I thought I knew what the movie's plot was. I didnt exactly search for the storyline online, but I read some reviews and watched the trailer. Apparently the trailer is fake. Lol. But that's the twist. I'm not going to reveal more lest you guys blame me for spoiling the movie. This movie is filled with horror and suspense all in one. But it's not the typical supernatural kind of horror. The scenes and settings are very well chosen. Makes the audience to want to follow the movie closely, yet feeling scared at the same time.



What I liked about the movie is the twist at the final part of the movie. But that's what I dislike about the movie too. I couldnt understand the ending. Lol. Maybe you guys watch already then tell me. (",)

Official Movie Trailer



Overall Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment