Friday, April 23, 2010

No More Jay


My last bet on watching my first ever Jay Chou concert live in Singapore went down the drain today as all tickets of the 2nd additional round were snapped up in less than 5 hours (as far as I know). That is after selling out 10000 tickets last week for the first day concert. According to sistic, Jay Chou's 2010 World Tour Singapore concert was a record breaking feat.

“The hottest concert we ever had sold out in 3 days. Jay Chou did it in 2 hours!” said Kenneth Tan, CEO SISTIC.com Pte Ltd.

I wanted to purchase the tickets at midnight actually. But after accessing the web last night, I was disappointed to know that ticket sales will only start at 9am.

This morning though, Sistic's website was jammed and hung as there were massive traffic and transactions all taking place at the same time. I couldnt enter, my mum couldnt enter, nobody around me could access to the website. Some of my friends who were going to purchase tickets to ABBA's concert couldnt access the web either and after they learnt that's because of Jay Chou concert, they shook their heads. Lol. Poor Joseph went to join the queue at J8 early in the morning. Yes, there's queue everywhere that the tickets are sold. LONG LONG QUEUE. Around 2.30pm (about 5 hours later), he text me to inform me that all tickets have been sold out, with only 4 more to go before his turn. Lol. I know he felt bad and emo for not being able to secure tickets for me but I feel even more bad that he has to help me queue and wait. Would like to say a heartfelt thank you for always helping me. (",)

Anyway, no more Jay Chou for now. To those who missed the sale like me, there's one consolation. That is, there is still hope la. There are contests organised by Scorpio East, the concert organiser.

The first is a talent showcase. Show off your talents, either Jay Chou look alike or sing alike and the winner will walk away with a pair of VIP concert tickets, together with other attractive prizes. Click HERE or the picture below to the talent contest page.


The second contest is to just guess which out of the 3 songs are sung by Jay Chou and one lucky winner will be picked to win a pair of tickets to watch his concert. Click HERE to guess song contest page.

Good luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment