Saturday, April 10, 2010

What's Buzzing

Was surfing Yahoo! earlier and I saw this tragic news: Polish president, top officials killed in plane crash.

As many as 97 passengers perished in the crash. Among them were 3 important figures namely the President himself, the central bank head and the country's military chief. It's always sad to know that a country's leader passed away so suddenly.

My heartfelt condolences to the family to all victims, as well as to the people of Poland. May God be with you and take care.

For full report: Click HERE.

Anyway, I think I've developed some kind of "self destructing nervous breakdown" due to the nearing of my exams. I think it came from my past experiences of not doing well in big exams and my fear of disappointment this time round is eating me. One part of me dont feel like studying, while another part of me fears failure. I just dont want to disappoint the people around me, namely my parents, who have paid so much for my education and whom also hope that I'll get a University degree of my own name. Of course I myself wanted a degree which I can call my own. I just fear I may not be able to achieve it. =\

Ok. Enough emo stuffs. Haha. Was going through my phone few days ago and realised I've some demos which I recorded on my way home and while walking to and fro places. Guess I'll start working on them soon and maybe write some new songs for my upcoming albums.

Before I go, I wanna share some videos with everyone. First was of course, the boy dubbed as the "Susan Boyle" from Taiwan.


I'm sure many of you have heard of him for quite some time ago already. But I havent got time to share so I'm doing it now. Sorry for being wols..... Haha.. Anyway, the boy Lin Yu Chun (林育群), sang Whitney Houston's I'll Always Love You and became the next big internet sensation, with his clip from Taiwanese variety program Superstar Avenue (超级星光大道) garnering a total hits of more than 3 million viewers to date. He's 24 years old. Many have said he's better than Whitney. Do you agree? Maybe you judge it for yourself after watching the clip.



Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB2Tl0xOqbI

His performance reminded me of a also very talented young girl named Charice Pempengco, who did an equally stunning rendition of the same song some time back and immediately rose to fame. Charice is 19 years old this year.


She even got her dream come true when Opra Winfrey helped her secure a chance to stand on Celine Dion's concert to duet a song which she dedicated to her mum. Charice also performed during the Singapore Idol finals last year.

Charice's Rendition of I'll Always Love You



Charice duet with Celine Dion



Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opdd-_Z2pRE

To sign off this post, I will share my personal favourite. Adam Lambert, our American Idol Season 8 runner-up.


He is a great musician and a top class performer. Nevermind that he openly declares he's gay. Who cares man. Lol. See his performance, and you'll get what I mean. I thought he should have won the idol and many have since speculated he lost because he openly declared he's gay. Click HERE for reports. (Note: Some obscenity. Dont click if you cannot stand seeing two guys kissing)

Anyway whatever it is, I like him. Lol. He's very good. See his 10 out of 10 performance below. Some said that he's the reincarnation of Elvis Presley because he looks like him at certain angles. You decide. (",)




Ok, signing off! Nights! (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment