Monday, March 8, 2010

A Night With My Aunty

Today I brought my Aunty out and she finally get to experience taking the MRT for the first time. Have been very close to her since young and she also dote on me alot despite me having more than 20 cousins.

Brought her to Lot One where we went to the arcade to play some games. It's also her first time playing the "catching" game. We tried quite a number of times, spent closed to $20, but failed miserably. We decided to give up and try our luck at other machines. Finally I managed to convince the kind hearted pretty staff to help us out so we can "catch" the toy easily. After 5 tries, we succeeded! Thank you sooooo much!


After that we went to the opposite Pasar Malam, where we played more games. I'm happy that I managed to "bribe" the stall owners to make the games easier so that my Aunt could win. Thank you all so much too!

I know some concerned supporters been following behind me closely today, though maybe you all too shy to come out. Haha. But still, thanks for the concern. I appreciate it.

Bringing my aunt out, seeing her happy, I feel happy too. Something we all take for granted everyday is what she cherish alot. Losing her ability to walk at a tender young age, she also lost the ability to do what we all can usually do. She's now 55 years old. And she only get to take the MRT today. She only get to play the "catching" game today. Yet, most of us complain having to take the MRT sometimes. Something she said to me today made me tear. She said, "Elson, thank you for bringing me to take the MRT. If not, I dont know when then I get the chance to take it. Maybe until I die, I still wont have the chance."

She was very much protected when my grandma was still alive, so she didnt get much chances to go out. Moreover, then, the MRT werent disability friendly.

I think, we must all be contented with what we have now and cherish it. There are many more things which she hasnt done, and I'm going to try my best to help fulfill every single wish of hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment