Wednesday, March 10, 2010

10 Promises to My Dog

Finally finished watching the jap movie 10 Promises to My Dog. Watched on my ipod on my way to and fro from school and places. Haha.

10 Promises to My Dog


Genre: Drama
Director: Katsuhide Motoki
Cast: Rena Tanaka, Ryo Kase, Mayuko Fukuda, Chizuru Ikewaki, Akira Fuse, Reiko Takashima, Etsushi Toyokawa
RunTime: 1 hr 57 mins
Rating: PG

Movie Synopsis
A 12-year-old girl named Akari gets a puppy and names it Socks. She loves Socks and spends practically every moment with him. However, as she gets older she's able to spend less and less time with him, due to a busy life and having to move away. She leaves socks with a childhood friend but eventually she's reminded of the promises she made to him as a child.

Movie Review
Hmm. Actually this movie is ok, but I guess I expected too much from the beginning, so the effect wasnt as strong for me.


I expected it to be more touching, since it's a japanese film, but it turns out to be not so "drama" afterall. I like the dog Socks, I think they did an excellent job training it and its acting skills is superb! Haha. After watching this film, I really hope to get a dog like Socks on my own. But too bad no money and mummy dont allow also. :(

Official Movie Trailer



Overall Movie Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment