Friday, March 5, 2010

Alice In Wonderland

Caught Alice In Wonderland today. Thank you Serena and Joseph for the treat. (",)

Alice In Wonderland


Genre: Action
Director: Tim Burton
Cast: Matt Lucas, Johnny Depp, Stephen Fry, Paul Whitehouse, Helena Bonham Carter, Mia Wasikowska
RunTime: 1 hr 50 mins
Rating: PG

Movie Synopsis
17-year-old Alice (Mia Wasikowska) attends a party at a Victorian estate only to find she is about to be proposed to in front of hundreds of snooty society types. She runs off, following the White Rabbit (Michael Sheen) into a hole and ends up in Wonderland, a place she visited in a similar manner 10 years before, yet doesn't remember. Wonderland was a peaceful kingdom until the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter) overthrew her sister, the White Queen (Anne Hathaway). The creatures of Wonderland, such as the Cheshire Cat (Stephen Fry), Tweedledee and Tweedledum (Matt Lucas) and the March Hare (Paul Whitehouse), ready to revolt, wait for Alice to help them. With the help of the White Queen, the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp) and the Caterpillar (Alan Rickman), Alice starts seeing flashbacks of her original visit, back when she was seven.

Movie Review
One sentence: Short and Sweet. Ok, I would admit that despite this being a famous story, I've never read the book or watch any related cartoons or even shows and movies related to Alice In Wonderland. Therefore, I went inside with absolutely no idea of the storyline and stuff. I even confused it with Wizard of Oz, which I conveniently told Boss that this is the story with the Tinman, Scarecrow and the Lion. Lol.

Anyway, after watching this movie, I would say I like it. It's not very long and neither is it draggy. I think it's just nice. But being a kid movie, there are a few unrealistic moments. And also I felt that the ending war part was a little too fast and not well elaborated.

I like Johnny Depp's acting and the fact that they used Alan Rickman's voice for the caterpillar. Alan is the guy who acted as Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies. His voice is so distinctive I felt like I was watching Harry Potter. Haha.

I think overall, I would say it's a nice movie.

Overall Rating: 4/5

Official Movie Trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment