Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ala Carte Buffet

Today, Aunty May treated us dinner at Akira Japanese Restaurant. I've always drive pass or just go pass that restaurant and have always wanted to try it out and finally got the chance to today.

It's pretty cool when we stepped in we were ushered to a room or in china they call it the “厢房”, which means we had a room for ourselves. For some reason, we felt important as there are only 4 rooms while the rest of the people eats outside as per normal. Maybe because mummy made reservation. But anyway, my initial feeling was cool and excited.

This is the room. Cool right!

My aunt looking happy after receiving her gift chocolates! (It's not her birthday though)

Sashimi Set
The other random orders




It's ala carte buffet, which means you order anything you want on the menu and they cook it and deliver it to you. Supposedly it's free flow la. So we ordered quite a fair bit of dishes. Some came, some didnt. I had ordered plain rice earlier and it wasnt served. 15 minutes later the waitress walked passed and I told her to get me a bowl of rice and she said ok, but the rice didnt come. It happened for 3 times until I was quite upset already. One bowl of plain rice also take so long to serve. I went out and stood outside the room. I was calling out to every staff who walked passed me and they were "busy" with serving their food and walking around. I said to one of them, "Hello, can you help me with my order?" and she said, “好的,稍后就来。“

So I stood outside the room waiting. Waited for 10 minutes but I was like transparent to everyone. My aunty went out to join me and we were both ignored too. After some time one staff finally noticed and came in to take our orders. Everything happened smoothly after we requested to feedback to the Boss. But anyway the food there was quite nice la. If those thing didnt happen, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed my dinner more. I just hope it's an isolated incident. :)

After dinner I met up with my cousin. He was so emo. So many people in relationship crisis now. I hope everyone is ok. Not ok can find me talk! (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment