Thursday, March 4, 2010

谢谢大家,辛苦了!

Woke up very early today. Lol. i think I'm kiasu la. Didn't want to be late and let everyone wait for me. So I got up pretty early and got ready. So many people scared I oversleep because I slept at 4.30am yesterday. Haha. I didn't la, though I only got 2 hours sleep.

I reached Mediacorp Radio Gate pretty early, around 8.50am. Official reporting time was 9.30am and kiasu me afraid of the morning jam and all I managed to reach early. Haha. Was all alone when I reached. I watched The Final Destination 4 on my Ipod. Quite gross for a film to be watched early in the morning. Glad I didn't eat my breakfast. Haha.


Around 9.20am, my partner Eve reached. She was to act as my wife today. Lol. I saw Elvin Ng driving passed us before I board the production bus and I called my friend to confirmed I saw the right guy because I wasn't sure if I saw correctly without my glasses on and me being blur, might be wrong. But I wasn't wrong, it's him. Haha.

When I board the bus, I saw 许振荣大哥. Haha. Have been following him since his days at YES 93.3FM as DJ and then when he went into acting and hosting I saw him on TV and Variety Progs. Have always admired his talent for hosting and to be able to speak to well and fluently effortlessly and also his talent of cracking jokes relentlessly and his great acting skills. Finally got to see him in person today. He's handsome in person. Hope one day he can teach me how to be a good host! (",)

We reached the filming set, it's a 3 storey apartment of a girl named Emily, whom we later became friends. She used to be an intern for Mediacorp.

After that we prepared for filming. As for the rest of the details, I cannot blog out yet until after program is broadcasted. But I can say my image in the show is really very different and may scare the viewers and all of you. Haha. Even 振荣大哥 and my wife Eve and the other production team was like, "你有必要把他画到这样吗?好好的一位帅哥被你们毁了". Haha. But fret not, they are all kudos to the wonderful make up skills of the make up artistes of Medaicorp. Until lunch, Veron 姐 and Yingjie 姐 even had to ask them to remove my makeup so that when I go out I wont scare people. Lol.

If you want to know how "terrible" my face is, then must check out the show yourself. Haha..

Lunch was at AMK Hub. I had my favorite Teppanyaki. (",)

After lunch we went back to finish up the final parts of filming and we were done for the day!

Actually today was a happy day. But somehow, something happened which made me a little upset. A few of my celebrity friends actually mocked me and criticized me for taking up this project. To them it's like being an "extra" or what normal people would describe, a "calafare" and they sort of looked down on me. Wouldn't want to say who, neither would I say what they told me or smsed me, but it isn't nice words to begin with.

But to me, being an artiste, is about respecting every opportunity given and every assignment taken, and doing your best and putting your best effort doing it. It may not be a big role or main lead or important character but at the very least, I'm thankful for the chance given to me to show my abilities and my strengths.

天下没有小角色或大角色,也没有好角色或坏角色,只是在于一位艺人怎样去呈现这份角色。

This incident also made me think of what Boss and Edwin 大哥used to remind me, that even the big stars Andy Lau and Sammi Cheng, they all started out with small roles before being given the chance to be the lead one day.

My purpose of being an artiste, is not to get famous or to earn big bucks, but rather for the passion, for music, for the respect given to performing arts. That's what's meaningful, that's what keeps me going.

Anyway, I made many new friends today and I'm thankful. 振荣大哥, Judy, the "当事人", Chen Lin from BioSkin, the two cute make up artistes Danny (小妹), Emily the (大姐姐, HAHA), and the other 小妹, and all the working crew involved. My dear wife Eve also 辛苦了。I know it's tough acting as my wife. Hahaha! Thanks anyway! You did very well! (",)

Would also like to take this opportunity to thank Veron 姐, Yingjie 姐, Yodolyn 姐, and the stand in AP today for giving me this chance to be part of this great program. Thank you Veron 姐 and Yingjie 姐 for giving me so many wonderful advices. I'll bear them in mind and bring them along my journey in this trade. 我会牢牢记住,也会继续努力!

This is my first time doing a program for Channel 8 and I'm proud and happy to be part of it. My previous variety program were from OKTO channel and also my previous two TV appearances were for Channel U. 谢谢大家,辛苦了!

Oh yah we saw this really cute cat lying on the floor like nobody's business and sleeping. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment