Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Movie Preview: The Lovely Bones

Attended the movie preview for "The Lovely Bones" today with T. Thank you OMY.sg for the invitation. (",)



Alright. Review time!

The Lovely Bones


Genre: Drama
Director: Peter Jackson
Cast: Saoirse Ronan, Rachel Weisz, Mark Wahlberg
RunTime: 1 hr 48 mins
Rating: PG

Movie Synopsis
Based on the best-selling novel by Alice Sebold, "The Lovely Bones" is the story of a 14-year-old girl from suburban Pennsylvania who is murdered by her neighbor. She tells the story from Heaven, showing the lives of the people around her and how they have changed all the while attempting to get someone to find her lost body. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal.

Movie Review
I remembered watching the trailer of this movie some time back in the cinema and I wanted to watch the movie. Somehow I forgotten the story (which I saw as trailer) and only managed to pick it up today halfway through the movie. I thought the movie would be something like the lost spirit showing herself to the murderer and her family and in the process bring the murderer to justice or something like that.




But the movie is not like that. I felt quite sick through the movie because I was anticipating more to happen but things just didnt happen. It's like having the feeling of being in a roller coaster but sitting in a smooth driving car. Can feel my heart being strained out of proportion. Lol. Still I managed to complete the movie. Would say it's the most boring movie I watched so far this year.

However, those who liked the story or the cast or having really nothing else to do can try catching this movie or to just spend some free time.

Official Movie Trailer



Overall Rating: 2.5/5

After movie we headed to TCC for supper and coffee before heading back home. (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment