Friday, February 26, 2010

Trishaw Night with OMY and Radio 1003 FM

Today was a fun and exciting day. I gave my 第一次 away today. Oops. Not that 第一次 hor. Don’t think dirty. Haha. It’s my first time riding a trishaw today and my first time getting to see and experience many things which I haven’t experienced before.


We all gathered at the meeting point. Happy to see Jian Wen 大哥, Ke Min 姐 and Margaret 姐 today. Havent seen them for quite some time already. Took some pictures with them and other participants before we all set off our Trishaw journey.



My partner is a beautiful lady named Desirene. She’s so lovely. We chatted all the way through the journey like old friends. Haha. I was also interviewed by OMY and share my experience in this event. You guys will see the interview soon at OMY.sg website.


As the journey began, some part of me rewind back to the olden days of Singapore when trishaw is seen as a mode of transport of many. I imagined myself as one of them. I felt what our forefathers and past Singaporeans felt. I get to experience what they experienced. And I would say part of me would prefer the trishaw to the taxi.



Suddenly I felt like a tourist. It’s as if I’ve entered into another country instantaneously. Suddenly, I get to see Singapore with a different perspective and point of view. Suddenly, I see the side of Singapore which I haven’t seen before. Same route, same shops, same faces, yet a totally different feeling.




We passed by the famous street which what everybody called the "Transvestite Street" or in mandarin the "人妖街" where I really saw many of them. I didnt know that there was such a street. Then also I saw a shop which houses bags and bags of rice and sugar, those with coolies carrying sack by sack, something which I only get to see in TV, yet in reality today they still exist. Passed by the streets of Bugis, Bras Basah, etc. Waving at people as if we were tourists. It's indeed a fun experience. And not to mention relaxing after a long day out. For once, I took my mind off stuffs which 烦 me alot.


After the trip, we all headed to Settlers cafe at SMU for supper. Everyone just relaxed and played board games and have supper, chit chat. I did the same too.



Soon it was time for lucky draw and everyone is a winner. Everyone get to bring back some vouchers and coupons and of course, the most precious are the memories and experiences.


Oh yah, most fun part was celebrating ah ma's birthday. I gave ah ma a birthday kiss! Haha. She was so shy. (",) Happy Birthday Ah Ma.


After the event we all headed down to Kopitiam for some food and drink before heading home.

Thank you people who came down today to support me. No doubt you guys didnt follow me during the tour, but I believe the pictures will make you feel excited too. Cat 姐, 娟姐, Shirley, Joseph, Serena, Mandy. Thank you all! Mandy, please take care and eat medicine.


Lastly, I would like to thank OMY and Radio 1003 FM for inviting me to such wonderful event. Thank you Alex and Magaret. Not forgetting OMY reporter YiMing, DJs Ke Min and Jian Wen and everybody involved in this event. Thank you all!
If you want to check out my exciting adventure, do check out my Facebook or Friendster, otherwise download all the pictures from the link below within 7 days.

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/827107577/04243dbe844e07c10dfb2965db6a7174

Exams tomorrow, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment