Thursday, December 25, 2014

Have you Kata today?

As promised, I'm doing my review on my latest toy Kata i3s! Being a recently converted Android user, I am looking forward to what Kata phones have in store for me and boy would I say I am not at all disappointed. Looking at the specs of the phone, one wouldnt even dare think of this phone being one of the most affordable smartphones in the entire Singapore.


Kata i3s Specifications
5-inch HD display, 294ppi
1.3GHz MediaTek MTK6582 quad-core CPU

1GB RAM
16GB internal storage
up to 32GB via microSD
13 megapixel AF rear camera w/ LED flash
5 megapixel front camera
Dual-SIM, Dual-Standby
3G HSPA+
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0 + HS
Android 4.4 Kitkat
2,250mAh Li-po battery
152.8 x 79 x 8.5 mm
168.9 g
Grey, Violet, Blue

What amazes me the most when I first got the phone is its camera. 13 MP camera on a phone that costs less than SGD$200? Are you serious? Absolutely yes! Check out the photos I took with my Kata i3s!


The 5 MP front camera also allows me to take almost HD videos from front. I did a test while covering Jay Chou's latest song 算什么男人 last week. I took the video using the front camera Kata i3s.


Speed test on the Kata i3s was ok. No lags was observed and apps launch pretty fast. The scrolling was pretty smooth and sensitive too. The user interface is almost the same as what you would see on any android phones, with a pretty much customisable everything including widgets and the google search bar. The on off button is on the side and the screen is the same "slide to unlock" feature. Keyboard typing is precise and accurate and supports multi languages.


Watching a movie on the Kata i3s is also an amazing experience. The 5 inch HD display gives me the ultimate visual satisfaction when I put on 1080p movies. The speaker is loud and clear too and you can hear to the slightest footsteps sound in the movie. There was no lag or whatsoever. Clean and clear 2 hour amazing movie experience.


That being said, using the Kata i3s as an MP3 player is also an ideal choice. Gone were the days where I need to bring an extra MP3 Player everywhere I go now that the internal memory can hold up to 32GB. Being at less than 169 grams so meant that I can carry it while I go for my usual jog with my headphones plugged in blasting music while exercising.

Battery life is also one of the another plus point of the Kata phone. I only need to charge on the 2nd day after some intensive use of the phone compared to my previous smartphone, which requires me to charge daily. It can also connect to Bluetooth Devices and can also tether internet connection. One of the other main features of Kata products is the inclusion of Kata Cloud, which lets you backup your data like iCloud does for Apple.


All in all, I would say that my Kata experience so far has been magical. I always have my doubts when taking on new challenges but the Kata i3s simply blew me away after I start using it. At this price, I would say it is an absolute steal and value for money for everyone. I would strongly recommend Kata i3s to anyone who wants a user friendly, is a camera freak, movie buff, music lover and multitasker phone but yet enjoy economic savings on your pocket. That being said, I cant wait for the release of Kata i4, coming soon.....

Kata i3s is currently on sale at:

1 Irving Place
#02-26 The Commerze @ Irving


Have you Kata today? Anyway, hereby wishing all my friends and music supporters, clients and partners at I-Asia Star, clients and colleagues at Assurance Awareness and Property Awareness, volunteers and sponsors at Project Awareness, a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment