Monday, July 6, 2015

Project Awareness at Big Box


Last Saturday was a meaningful day! It was my first appearance at Big Box. As you guys may have known I was down with pretty bad high fever for the past week and I was worried that I might not be able to perform today but I did anyway, and I'm thankful for that.


Volunteers at Project Awareness also helped to bring a few beneficiaries and families out to watch our performance as well as an outing trip for them. It's good to see so many children able to come out and have fun. Unlike most children in Singapore, these children dont get to go out for shopping trips as often as they like to.


So whenever the opportunity arises, I will bring them out. In a way, I also take the chance to educate them, teaching them good values etc, so that they dont grow up in bad influence or go astray and grow up to be a better person.


Happy today that Jacky Goh and Tan Lam Siong 陈南松 came on stage to join me too. It's Jacky's first time hosting with me on stage. He was a little nervous but I think he did pretty well. 


Lam Siong da ge joined me on stage to play games with the families and the audiences too. It's good to see everyone having fun and making the children and beneficiaries laugh. Not forgetting our audiences and shoppers at Big Box too. 


On an ending note, I'm happy today to also meet my mentor 巫奇 Allan Moo! His performance was superb and I learnt alot just by watching him. Looking forward to learning more from him!


A big thank you to all my volunteers for coming down today. Thank you Ms Han Wee Lin from Big Box for sponsoring the venue and sound system, including chairs for our children and elderly to sit down and watch our stage show. A little thought can mean so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment