Wednesday, January 28, 2015

NSP News published by The Straits Times

Hi all. With the recent buzz going on between Gushcloud and Nuffnang, we learnt that social media has taken two extremes - it can either help you or kill you. Some information spread really fast without the person involve even knowing it beforehand and soon, people just take whatever they seen or read as it is.
 
Being part of the media industry, I know that some reports are just fads to sensationalise and sell more papers and magazines. I also come to a point where I dont really bother to clarify every single report made on me, whether truthful or not.

 
However this time, I felt a need to release a response. I was recently brought to attention by my fans and friends with regards to an article published by The Straits Times. I wasnt aware until many people called me and message me asking about it. I was puzzled and confused until I read the article and got a shock.You may read it here: (Click HERE). 

If you have read the article and seen the photo they used in it, you may have the urge to congratulate me or even shock that overnight I have became a member of the National Solidarity Party (NSP).

Truth is, I am NOT.

3 things to highlight here:

Firstly, the photograph with me inside, was used without my acknowledgement or my artiste management's consent.I understand that my artiste management had send a email to the media to request for the removal and/or crop out of my image in the photograph.
 
 
Secondly, the caption they used for the photo wrongfully depicted me and/or should not even put my name, as the public members might think that I am one of the members of NSP, which I am not.
 

 
 
Thirdly, the event was organised by Project Awareness and actually named as Project Dakota. Not some NSP goody bag distribution. It was a distribution event with items contributed by some of my volunteers to be given out to the residents of Dakota and Tung Ling Community Services. The members from NSP came down to help out as volunteers, however the event was also attended by the grassroots from that area together with my other volunteers.

 
Lam Siong is a friend, and I congratulate him on his recent achievements. But I would like to also make it clear again that I AM NOT a member of NSP.

This is really nothing personal, and it's not because they are the opposition or whatsoever that I become so uptight. This is purely because I am really not a member of NSP and I do not want people to affiliate me anyhow to something which I am not.

I hope the media can exercise more responsibility on their reports and the contents that they publish as "a moment of mistake" for them can result in a series of uncalled inconvenience for others, like me having to explain myself or to others that I am not a political figure and such, which shouldn't have even need to happen if the media have not made a mistake in their report.

I hope this clears the air to this saga and that everyone is clear on this matter. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment